Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The End of One Chapter, Beginning of Another

Graduation has come and gone.  I miss my classmates.  I actually miss going to class every weekend.  I was pleased with our Grand Buffet (final project), even though I was too nervous to eat.  Then came my internship.  I had a wonderful experience at Good Housekeeping's Test Kitchen.  I learned many invaluable things, and I hope to one day make that my career. 

Things have calmed down quite a bit.  I haven't had as much luck in the job market as I thought I would.  I was mistaken in thinking that having a culinary degree magically gets your foot in the door.  Oh well...  I have enrolled in the local community college, in the meantime, to finish my Journalism degree.  It's actually going really well.  I guess all it took was a major life crisis to kick my butt into taking school seriously.  I wrote an article for the school newspaper which will be published this month.  I'm electing to take Honors courses.  I guess you can say things are going pretty well. 

My social life, on the other hand, is not so well.  Rather, nonexistent.  I know that the choices I have made this last year were absolutely the best.  Ugh, enough of this self-pity party.  It's not like I'm taking the initiative to make friends here. 

As far as continuing to grow in the culinary world, I have been doing a home-study to become a Personal Chef.  Please feel free to check out my website.  In addition to home cooking, I offer recreational cooking classes perfect for bridal showers and dates, and I am available to cater small dinner parties. ==> Sarah's Home Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment